Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 3 - U.S. vs The Rest of the World

Ok, so I don't get this. We have homeless everywhere (especially in today's economy), kids killing kids, mothers throwing away their babies, Soldiers dying over in a foreign country and the list goes on and on and what do people with the means and influence decide to do with their power and money? Buy nets for kids in a DIFFERENT country. Help a DIFFERENT country get clean water. Seriously? If ya'll follow me on Twitter (@JenTheArmyWife) you know that I care deeply for the military and their supporters! I can't believe with everything that is going on right here in your own backyards, people care more about some country that I'm sure half of America hasn't even heard of, then the men and women who fight for your freedom everyday! Not to mention the men, women and children they leave behind so your ass doesn't have to go over and sacrifice your comfortable living! I wish I could meet some of these "celebrities". I think the real celebrities are the ones fighting over there and the ones that they left behind! I think it should be manditory that everyone should have to serve at LEAST 2 years in the branch of their choice. Maybe then people would be more willing to support our troops and those that are left to dry the tears of the 150,00 plus kids who have a parent "over there" fighting. Sometimes that parent, and on occasion, PARENTS come home in a box. That child is an orphan so you can care more about kids without nets?! You know that there are troops over there right now getting absolutely NOTHING! No mail, packages or even emails? I get that the military is a volunteer thing, but if they don't volunteer who will? You?!? Doubtful! So keep sending nets over to kids in some far away land while myself and hundreds of others send something to our troops. I promise, all of my blogs are this aggressive, but as you can tell from my name, this subject is VERY near and dear to my heart!

3 comments:

  1. I've often wondered about this, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an AMAZING wife, mother & woman - I look forward to reading more. It takes guts to share with everyone how you feel & you're truly an inspiration for others - including myself. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amy! I know that there are others out there that think differently, and that's ok. My husband (and I once) fights for them to continue to think that way!

    ReplyDelete