Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 1 - Porche Girl

Ok, so your gonna have to forgive me. I'm REALLY new to this blogging thing. I know that I have a lot of opinions and remarks on all sorts of things and I can't always voice them, so I decided that this is a great way to get things off my chest! My first blog is going to be about an article I read recently about the parents of a girl that stole her dad's car, tried to overtake a car on the highway and ended up getting damn near decapitated. She died as a result and her pictures were posted ALL over the internet. This all happened on Halloween in 2006 and I remember getting the pictures emailed to me. They were quite graphic but that kind of stuff doesn't phase me much. Anywho, so the parents are trying to stop the circulation of these pictures. I had long forgotten about this so I went on google (gotta love google) and looked it up. I came across the pictures and remembered instantly! They were actually posted on someone's blog! So I started reading the comments. Some were WAY out there (someone wrote that they now have to put a bag over her face when they f@#k her) while others brought religion into it (someone said that God is going to punish those who are making lewd comments) and there were some that were on the fence. After reading most of the comments I had to agree........with all of them! I can see everyone's view point and that is why I love this country! Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I agree that, although this was a tragic accident, some good can come out of this. Her story can be made into an example on how NOT to be. She apparently had done cocaine the night before and her parents were going to take her to get some help. instead she decided that she was going to steal daddy's porsche and go as far away as possible and do 100mph getting there! This is plain stupidity. I hate to say that she deserved it but she was going 100 mph and was being completely reckless! I remember in school when we would see those posters for the fight against drunk driving and the way the suvivors looked after a bad car crash. I also agree that we shouldn't be posting her picture everywhere. The dad actually got a similar email that I did and had to see his daughter all smashed up. It had to be hard enough to lose a child but then to see her death splashed all over the internet?! People scream "freedom of speech, freedom of press" but what happened human decency? It's amazing what kinds of things people are into these days. Remember Faces of Death? I have never seen it myself but I hear stories! I heard that they also sued the California Police Department for $20M! WTF? First of all, her parent s were rich to begin with. They lived in the muli-million dollar homes and they all had personal trainers and chefs and crap and they are going to SUE the Police Department (tax payers) for leaking the photos? Why? Talk about profitting from their daughter's death! You can sue for pretty much anything these days! If I got carpal tunnel can I sue my boss for making me type too much? If my daughter gets bit at daycare can I sue the parents because their child assulted my child and for the pain and suffering that she had to endure and then the daycare for not keeping a closer eye on her? I remember the lady who sued McDonald's because she spilled her coffee on herself and got burned (who hasn't done that) and she sued them because it did not state on the cup that the contents were hot! WHAT?! You ordered coffee! Of course it was going to hot! But you know what, she won! I think that very well may have been the start of the stupid suing! What is next? **DISCLAIMER** You may have to strain your eyes to read this, bend over close to the screen or some other form of body contortion. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE if something adverse happens to you while reading this or any of my blogs!

2 comments: